Monday, September 6, 2010

We're Buggy About Second Grade!


Introducing my second grade classroom! Above is the bulletin board outside my classroom (and the names of all my students).

I'm about 3-1/2 weeks into student teaching and so far, so good! I love the students and I'm getting along with my cooperating teacher really well, but I do have to admit that I am feeling a bit overwhelmed... on top of student teaching I have to study for the Praxis (test date on November 13th) and complete the KPTP. The KPTP (Kansas Performance Teaching Portfolio) is a state requirement that has to be completed and passed before I get my teaching license. It is a lot of work on top of going to school everyday and lesson planning... but I know I will eventually get it all done!

Here are a few pictures of my classroom.... I'll post some funny student stories soon! :)





1 comments:

laurel said...

Hmmm, now let's see. If only there was someway to transport my little man to YOUR class! :)boy are those kids lucky to have YOU, Lilli! I'm sure you'll do *fantastic* with all of your responsibilities right now~ you're super busy, I'm sure, but you can do it!!