My cousin Sandy inspired me to do a quick book post... so here it goes!! I only have a few minutes so these are the books that come to mind right now, but I'll add more later!
Sandy... this is the book I think I was telling you about this summer. I've always loved memoirs, and this is a good one!

This book is heart-wrenching, but so interesting... it's basically an autobiography about one of the Lost Boys of Sudan.
I read this book in college but still to this day, it's one of my favorite books. Beware though, it's a doorstop!! (i.e. about 700 pages I think!)
This is supposedly one of the first memoirs of it's kind... similar to The Glass Castle... I liked Glass Castle more, but this one is short and definitely worth reading. Mary Karr has a pretty good sense of humor about her dysfunctional childhood.
My mom recommended this book to me a few years ago and I loved it. Another historical fiction.
I saw previews on TV for this book that was made into a movie... but read the book first!! Such a cute story... and even better, the main character's name is Lily :)
and I'm about to start reading this book... I know nothing, other than it won a Pulitzer, so we'll see!

5 comments:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am writing all of these down on my 'to read' list as we speak. They all look so interesting...can't wait!
AWESOME!! I am always looking for a good book to read. I'm writing them all down as well.
THANKS!!!
Lilli -
You amaze me with how well rounded you are, your professinal life, your physical endeavors (great post on the running and the info on your gear), and it's so cool to get your reading recommendations! LOVE the new look of your page BTW!
Lilli-
I haven't been on your blog for a while...I am always impressed with your thoughts!! I miss you and just realized that we have the same reading patterns!! :) Love you lots!!
Lilli-
I haven't been on your blog for a while...I am always impressed with your thoughts!! I miss you and just realized that we have the same reading patterns!! :) Love you lots!!
Post a Comment