I signed up for another half-marathon!! Exciting! This will be #2 -- my first was this past summer... the Hospital Hill Half-Marathon in Kansas City, MO... a really well organized and well attended race, but a brutal course, and brutal conditions, and definitely the only time I plan to "conquer the hill" as they say...
This time around I will be running the Gobbler Grind in Overland Park, KS. The race is Sunday, November 23rd at 8:00 a.m. (the Sunday before Thanksgiving!)

I've heard mix reviews... poorly organized but a fast course and usually nice running conditions. I'm excited to give it a shot! And also, I didn't have that many options because it was really the last local half-marathon I could run before winter. And this might set me up to run a full next spring/summer?? Hmmm... we'll have to wait and see! My goal for this half-marathon is to improve my PR (I ran Hospital Hill in 1 hr and 54 minutes, about an 8:42 per mile pace). Stay tuned! :)
And now... a little glimpse into my running basics:

Adidas Supernova Sequence -- these shoes are so cushy! :)
Nike shorts are the only way to go... especially the Nike Dri-Fit style





0 comments:
Post a Comment