Friday, May 27, 2011

Wedding Planning...

I have to say, I'm not quite the bride my family thought I would be. If you asked my mom who of her three girls would be the ultimate bride, she would have surely named me. But to my credit, since Erik and I got engaged, I have been extremely relaxed about planning our wedding... maybe too relaxed. So relaxed that I started getting a complex... people would ask: "How's the wedding planning?" or "Don't you just love flipping through wedding magazines?" or "So, I have this friend that does XYZ wedding service. Should I send you their contact information?" And often, I would just zone out. ZONE OUT. Uh-oh. Am I supposed to love this? Am I supposed to be so excited that I wake up with the desire to look at wedding dresses online before I even drink my coffee? Well... it just hadn't clicked... until now.

Erik and I have made a few decisions here and there. You know, the big stuff. Picked a date. Booked a venue. Asked our closest friends and family to be in our wedding party. Chose the colors (okay, okay... I chose the colors.) But there is one thing specifically that turned me from the half-enthused bride, to the bride that would make my mom snicker, "Told you so!" ... we asked our friend Chris to marry us. Then... it clicked. I could picture it. I knew who was going to guide us through our vows. I knew who was going to make it official. Sign our marriage license. Be the guy that helps me remember what to say when the emotion of it all makes my mind go blank. Now I know that I don't have to get to know a stranger the week before Erik and I become man and wife. Look down the aisle at a stranger. Now I know that we will look down the aisle at a close friend. We are both SO excited that he accepted the invitation. So excited that the decision rocketed us both into action. Ever since we asked Chris to marry us we have been on a roll! We have booked appointments with caterers and photographers and even picked out our invitations! And get this - I have a wedding planning binder... a binder!! HA! How "ultimate bride" is that!? :) I'm getting excited - and inspired - and ready. I can't wait to share the big day with our family and friends. From this day forward - I will now be referred to as: Lilli, the Ultimate Bride.
www.mywedding.com/lillianderik


My wedding planning binder!

Organized with tabs... just how I like it!

0 comments: