
Erik and I took a weekend trip to my old stomping grounds... San Diego! I purposely chose a weekend in February because I figured we would be so sick of the long Kansas winter and ready for a break. But wouldn't you know that we got the exact opposite of what we were hoping for. The day we arrived in San Diego the temperature dropped about 15 degrees and it rained and rained and rained! And the weather in Kansas that weekend? About 75 degrees and sunny! Arrghh... oh well, we still had a blast! The sun would come out for a couple hours each day so we were still able to see the sights and walk down by the beach. On Thursday I took Erik to my old neighborhood, PB... oh, the memories! We checked out the view from Kate Sessions Park and went down to Crystal Pier (which was closed unfortunately!) and walked along the beach/boardwalk. Thursday night we had sushi near Clea and Joe’s place... and Erik loved it! :) Now I can make him go to sushi with me in KC! Friday we checked out the USS Midway museum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Midway_(CV-41 ... very interesting and HUGE! But reminded me why I could never live on a ship regardless of how big. Saturday, Clea and I took Erik to La Jolla cove... the clouds actually made the scenery really pretty. And Sunday we went to Balboa Park to walk around and Erik met up with a buddy from college to play Frisbee golf (his first time). Enjoys the pics :)
Erik with a view from Kate Sessions Park
Crystal Pier in PB
Me and Erik at the PB Shore Club
Me and my friend, Dani
A rainbow at La Jolla Cove
Me and Erik at La Jolla Cove
Balboa Park
A pretty tree in Balboa Park
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Sandy Eggo!
Posted by Lilli at 8:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Dear Lilli - I look at your blogs
often. I never get tired of reviewing your photos. So keep them coming. I feel so close to my family this way. Dave is back from his trip and is so pround of the way his family has turned out
I especially appreciated the tribute you made to Emmett. I love to read other peopls's thoughts.
Post a Comment